Even a careful person can fly
It has never been so easy for fraudsters to get money from people as it is today. For their vile tricks, they use a method that can disguise a phone number so that it looks like a real phone number of a bank, even the police. This can trick anyone – even someone who is otherwise wary of fraudulent practices.
The number may appear trustworthy
Many older people are afraid of computers and browsing the Internet. For example, they are often afraid that their device will attack evil A virus that is robbed of lifelong savings stored in the bank.
Although these fears may sound paranoid, their fear is not surprising. They simply have the horror of the unknown. After all, articles warning against hackers appear in the press and on the Internet today and every day. An older person (and not just him) is therefore justifiably cautious when it has to do with computers and the internet.
But this type of danger is not just on the computer. Not only seniors but also people of working age should be especially careful when receive a call from a number that looks like a customer line – whether it’s a bank or a Microsoft-type software company.
- You can search the number for verification via Google so you know if it’s trustworthy or not – but that doesn’t help either.
Police advise you not to fly
The Police of the Czech Republic strongly warns against these fraudulent techniques. To be safer, Think of these 9 principles :
- Do not respond to suspicious calls and under no circumstances do not disclose any sensitive information to your person or security data from the payment card or access data to online banking.
- Never tell anyone or send you the security / authorization code that you received in the form of an SMS message.
- Keep that in mind the attacker can imitate any telephone number , but also an e-mail address.
- Never allow a suspect to access your computer remotely.
- Watch and carefully read information from your bank in internet banking.
- Each time you enter internet banking, check that the domain of the login page matches. This applies whenever you enter your personal or login details somewhere.
- Regularly update software, antivirus program , firewall.
- Be constantly vigilant, as you may become the target of similar fraud.
- During or after a suspicious call record the information that the attacker told you (names, email addresses, account numbers, website links, etc.).
nebo sdílejte článek ->