- What happens if…? Have you ever asked this question?
- Do you know how to ensure fulfillment for customers if your building, staff, IT infrastructure is unavailable…?
- Do you have supplies supplied in case of primary supplier failure?
- Who will manage the emergency?
- Clear organization and tasks in case of crisis.
- Ensuring fulfillment of primary obligations towards third parties.
- Effective continuous process planning and testing.
- Trained and prepared staff.
- Elimination of losses caused by a crisis situation.
- Timely and targeted crisis communication.
- Identify key processes, insignificant impacts on assets, determine maximum downtime of service availability, minimum process recovery time.
- Definition of key roles of crisis management and recovery teams.
- Determination of crisis management methodology and recovery methodology, creation and implementation of continuity plans for key processes.
- Filling SW tools for planning and managing the crisis.
- Conduct acceptance tests of continuity plans.
- Training of staff and management in crisis management and execution of plans.
- Readiness, readiness and readiness!
- A set of tested crisis management plans.
- Trained management and staff.
- Prevention of crisis situations.
- Cost effectiveness.
For more information on Business Continuity Planning (BCP), please use our contact form .